R.M Garbutt and W.O. Donovan built their 14-mile line from Lyons
to Selma in 1904, perhaps hoping to bring to Lyons some of the
traffic on the new Millen and Southwestern Railroad extension
from Stillmore, traffic that would otherwise go to Vidalia.
In 1910 Garbutt and Donovan managed to find the funds to extend
their railroad about a mile to Oak Park, but their shaky financial
situation was worsening. They were forced to abandon the line