Social Circle Depot
The former Georgia Railroad depot at Social Circle, built in 1913, is in use by CSX.
Social Circle is a town of 3,600 in Walton County, about 30 miles east of Atlanta.
The south side of the depot shows evidence of portions lost.
|In this trackside view made in November 1967 by Roger Puta, the east end of the depot can be seen as Western Railway of Alabama No. 701 leads a westbound train through town. In the background is the landmark coaling tower at the junction of the main line and the branch line to Monroe. (Photo by Roger Puta.)
A 1913 photograph of this depot is online at the Vanishing Georgia website.
RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey
Railroad History | The Depot List | Locomotives On Display | Odds & Ends | Sources & References | Home