Roberta's depot, which houses the offices of the Roberta-Crawford County Chamber of Commerce, is a contemporary structure modeled after the Atlanta & Florida Railroad station that once stood on the same site. Gone by 1932, the original building was constructed with stylistic features also seen on the A&F depots at Yatesville and Zebulon.
Roberta exists because the A&F bypassed the older community of Knoxville, which is about a mile to the east. Although Knoxville was, and remains, the county seat, many of its residents moved to Roberta to be closer to the railroad. In 1895, the A&F became a branch of Southern Railway.
Located in Crawford County in middle Georgia, Roberta is a town of 1,003. It lies about 25 miles west of Macon.