Another former depot (above) still stands at Central State Hospital a couple of miles south of downtown. It is now a museum with exhibits on the hospital's long history, which dates back to 1842. Built around 1890, the building was expanded on the east side in 1900 and on the west side in 1965. The latter addition may have enclosed or replaced an earlier train platform.
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978, it has been known as the Depot, the Victorian Building, and the Storehouse.
Although both the Central of Georgia and the Milledgeville Railway served the hospital, this depot was more likely constructed for the former. The map below shows the Central's spur to the hospital passing alongside the building, while the Milledgeville Railway tracks end a couple of blocks to the west.