The Washington and Lincolnton Railroad Company was incorporated in 1914, and its 20-mile line between those two towns was completed in 1918. It was financed by the Georgia Railroad which connected with the W&L at Washington. The line was abandoned in 1932.
Places along its route included Logan, Quincy, Florence, Metasville, Lovelace, and Langston.
W&L locomotive no. 203 avoided the scrapper's torch and now operates on the Three Rivers Rambler tourist train in Knoxville, TN. (See photo at RailPictures.net.)
Maps and Other Information:
1917 equipment register (118K)
1921 map (58K)
1922 listing in Poors Manual (134K)
1931 map (38K)