Sources & References
Abdill, George B. Civil War Railroads. New York: Bonanza Books,1961.
Alexander, Edwin P. Down At The Depot; American Railroad Stations from 1831 to 1920. New York: Bramhall House, 1970.
• Alvarez, Eugene. Travel on Southern Antebellum Railroads, 1828-1860. University, AL: University of Alabama Press, 1974.
Anderson, Carl . Georgia Department of Archives and History. Personal communication.
Barris, Wes. Steam Locomotive dot Com.
• Beckum, W. Forrest, Jr. and Albert M. Langley, Jr. Central of Georgia Railroad Album. North Augusta, S.C.: Union Station Publishing, 1986.
• Beckum, W. Forrest, Jr., and Albert M. Langley, Jr. Georgia Railroad Album. North Augusta, S.C.: Union Station Publishing, 1985.
Beebe, Lucius. Mixed Train Daily; A Book of Short Line Railroads. New York: E.P. Dutton, 1947.
• Beebe, Lucius & Charles Clegg. The Age of Steam; A Classic Album of American Railroading. New York: Rinehart and Company, 1957.
• Berkebile, Keith. Berky's Georgia Railroading Website. (Inactive).
• Black, Robert C., III. The Railroads of the Confederacy. Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press, 1998.
• Blackmon, Douglas A. Slavery by Another Name; the Re-Enslavement of Black Americans from the Civil War to World War II. New York: Doubleday, 2008.
• Bonds, Russell S. Stealing the General; The Great Locomotive Chase and the First Medal of Honor. Yardley, PA: Westholme Publishing, 2007.
• Boyd, Brian A. Tallulah Falls Railroad; A Photographic Remembrance. Clayton, GA: Fern Creek Publishing, 2000.
Brittain, James E. A Brief History of Engineering in Georgia and Guide to 76 Historic Engineering Sites. Atlanta: Georgia Institute of Technology, 1976.
Caldwell, Wilber W. The Courthouse and the Depot; The Architecture of Hope in an Age of Despair; A Narrative Guide to Railroad Expansion and Its Impact on Public Architecture in Georgia, 1833-1910. Macon: Mercer University Press, 2001.
• Carson, O.E. The Trolley Titans; A Mobile History of Atlanta. Glendale, CA: Interurban Press, 1981.
Carver, Kaye and Myra Queen, editors. Memories of a Mountain Shortline; the Story of the Tallulah Falls Railroad. Rabun Gap, GA: The Foxfire Press, 1976.
Castner, Charles B., Jr. Nashville, Chattanooga & St. Louis Railway; The Dixie Line. Newton, NJ: Carstens Publications, 1995.
Castner, Charles B., Ronald Flanary, and Patrick Dorin. Louisville & Nashville Railroad; The Old Reliable. Lynchburg, VA: TLC Publishing, 1996.
Clark, Agnew Hilsman. Fifty-One Years; A History of Early South Georgia Railroading 1925-1976. Privately published, 1993.
• Clark, John E., Jr. Railroads In The Civil War: The Impact Of Management On Victory And Defeat. Baton Rouge: LSU Press, 2004.
• Clark, Susan Lott. The Unusual Story of the Okefenokee Heritage Center and Southern Forest World. Privately published, 2010.
• Clement, J.W. Notes on a History of the Rome & Northern Railroad; Abstracts Taken from Issues of the Rome Tribune-Herald. Rome-Floyd County Library Special Collections Department, 1960.
Cline, Wayne. Alabama Railroads. Tuscaloosa: University of Alabama Press, 1997.
• Coats, Terry L. Next Stop on Grandpa's Road: History and Architecture of the NC&St.L Depots and Terminals. Nashville: Author's Corner, 2009.
• Coleman, Kenneth, ed., A History of Georgia, 2nd ed., Athens: University of Georgia Press, 1977, 1991.
Comer, Hugh M. "Railroad Abandonments in Georgia." Macon, GA: manuscript,1985.
• Cox, Jim. Rails Across Dixie: A History of Passenger Trains in the American South. Jefferson, NC: McFarland & Co., 2011.
D'Alonzo, Mary Beth. Streetcars of Chatham County; Photographs from the Collection of the Georgia Historical Society. Charleston, S.C.: Arcadia Publishing. 1999.
Davis, Burke. The Southern Railway; Road of the Innovators. Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press, 1985.
de Kok, Alexandra C. The Statewide Railroad Industry Context. Atlanta: Georgia Department of Natural Resources, Historic Preservation Section, 1991. Online at GDNR-Historic Preservation Division.
• Dixon, Thomas W., Jr. Steam Locomotive Coaling Stations and Diesel Locomotive Fueling Facilities. Lynchburg, VA: TLC Publishing, 2002.
Drury, George H. The Historical Guide to North American Railroads. Waukesha, WI: Kalmbach Books, 1985 and 2000.
• Duncan, Russell. Entrepreneur for Equality: Governor Rufus Bullock, Commerce, and Race in Post-Civil War Georgia, Athens: University of Georgia Press, 1994
• Eubanks, Gary F., James S. Eubanks, and Steve Storey. Georgia Railroad Paper; Stock Certificates, Bonds, and Currency Issued by Railroads Operating in Georgia 1833-1932. Marietta, GA: Wharton Management, Inc., 2008.
• Fair, John D. The Tifts of Georgia: Connecticut Yankees in King Cotton's Court. Macon: Mercer University Press, 2010.
• Faulk, Paul. Trackside Around Atlanta 1956-1976, with Howard Robins. Scotch Plains, NJ: Morning Sun Books, 2004.
• Fearrington, Thomas. H., Jr. Iron Ore Mining in Northwest Georgia. Armuchee Ranger District, Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forests, USDA Forest Service, June 1985.
• Fetters, Thomas. The Charleston & Hamburg; A South Carolina Railroad and an American Legacy. Charleston, SC: The History Press, 1988.
• Fetters, Thomas. Logging Railroads of the Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains. Vol. 2. Tallulah Falls, Anna Ruby Falls, and Jeffrey's Hell. Hillsboro, OR: Timber Times, 2010.
• Gallo, Tom. Chattahoochee Valley Railway. (Images of America series). Charleston, SC: Arcadia Publishing, 1999.
Garrett, Franklin M. Atlanta and Environs; A Chronicle of Its People and Events. Athens: University of Georgia Press, 1969. (Originally published by Lewis Historical Publishing Company, 1954).
Garrett, Franklin M. Yesterday's Atlanta. Miami: E.A. Seeman Publishing, Inc., 1974.
• George, Michael. Louisville & Nashville's Atlanta Division. Collegedale, TN: The College Press, 2000.
George, Michael and Frank Strack. Passage Through Time; A Milepost Guide for the Great Smoky Mountains Railroad. Collegedale, TN: The College Press, 2000.
• Georgia Department of Natural Resources, Historic Preservation Division, Preservation Posts, online journal, various issues.
Georgia Department of Transportation, Georgia Railroads (Map), various years.
• GeorgiaInfo. An online almanac about Georgia.
• Goolsby, James H, Jr., and Albert M. Langley, Jr., Central of Georgia Railway; Steam Locomotives and Trains; Featuring the Photography of Hugh M. Comer. (North Augusta, SC: Union Station Publishing, 2006).
• Goolsby, Larry. Atlanta, Birmingham & Coast. Published by the Atlantic Coast Line & Seaboard Air Line Railroads Historical Society, 2000.
• Goolsby, Larry. Atlantic Coast Line Passenger Service The Postwar Years. Lynchburg, VA: TLC Publishing, 1999.
• Goolsby, Larry. Seaboard Air Line Passenger Service: The Streamlined Era. Lynchburg, VA: TLC Publishing, 2011.
• Gore, Pamela J. W., and William Witherspoon. Roadside Geology of Georgia. Missoula, MT: Mountain Press, 2013.
• Grant, Donald L., The Way It Was in the South, the Black Experience in Georgia, New York: Carol Publishing Group, 1993.
• Grant, H. Roger. The Louisville, Cincinnati & Charleston Railroad; Dreams of Linking North and South. Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 2014.
• Grant, H. Roger. Rails through the Wiregrass; A History of the Georgia & Florida Railroad. DeKalb, IL: Northern Illinois University Press, 2006.
• Grant, H. Roger. Railroads and the American People. Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 2012.
• Grant, H. Roger, and Charles W. Bohi. The Country Railroad Station in America. Boulder, CO: Pruett Publishing Co., 1978.
• Gressette, Robert B. A History of the Ocmulgee and Flint Railroad: Also known as the Brisbane Railroad. RB Publishing Company, 2002.
• Griffin, William E., Jr. Atlantic Coast Line; Standard Railroad of the South. Lynchburg, VA: TLC Publishing, 2001.
Griffin, William E., Jr. Seaboard Air Line Railway; the Route of Courteous Service. Lynchburg, VA: TLC Publishing, 1999.
• Hall, B. M., and M. R. Hall. Third Report on the Water Powers of Georgia. Atlanta: Geological Survey of Georgia, 1921.
Hanson, Robert H. Safety-Courtesy-Service; History of the Georgia Railroad. Johnson City, TN: The Overmountain Press, 1996.
Hanson, Robert H. The West Point Route: The Atlanta & West Point Rail Road and The Western Railway of Alabama. Lynchburg, VA: TLC Publishing, 2007.
• Harrison, Fairfax. A History of the Legal Development of the Railroad System of Southern Railway Company. Washington, D.C., 1901.
• Harshaw, Lou. Trains, Trestles and Tunnels; Railroads of the Southern Appalachians. Asheville, NC: Hexagon Company, 1977.
• Heath, Milton Sydney. Constructive Liberalism: The Role of the State in Economic Development in Georgia to 1860, Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1954.
• Hendricks, John H. Following the Tracks of Daniel Callahan; A Look at the Life of the Prolific Railroad Contractor, His Business Partner W. H. McDowell and the Railroads They Built. Callahan, FL: John Hendricks, 2012.
Herr, Kincaid. Louisville & Nashville Railroad 1850-1963. Louisville: L&N Railroad Public Relation Dept., Revised ed. March 1964.
Herr, Kincaid. The Louisville & Nashville Railroad 1850-1940, 1941-1959. Louisville: L&N Magazine, 1943. Fourth printing 1960.
Hillman, Richard L. Glover Steam Locomotives; The Souths Last Steam Builder. Forest Park, Illinois: Heimburger House, 1996.
Hilton, George W. American Narrow Gauge Railroads. Stanford, CA: Stanford University Press, 1990.
• Hilton, George W. and John F. Due. The Electric Interurban Railways in America. Stanford, CA: Stanford University Press, 1960.
Hoffman, Glenn. (Richard E. Bussard, ed.) Building a Great Railroad; a History of the Atlantic Coast Line Railroad Company. Published by CSX Corporation, 1998.
• Jackson, Olin. A North Georgia Journal of History, Vol. 3. Roswell, GA: Legacy Communications, 1996.
• Jackson, Olin. Tales of the Rails in Georgia. Roswell, GA: Legacy Communications, 2004.
Johnson, Robert Wayne. Through the Heart of the South; the Seaboard Air Line Railroad Story. Erin, Ontario: Boston Mills Press, 1995.
• Johnston, James Houstoun. Western & Atlantic Railroad of the State of Georgia. Atlanta: Georgia Public Service Commission, 1931.
• Keilty, Edmund. The Short Line Doodlebug: Galloping Geese and Other Railcritters. Interurbans Special 99. Glendale, CA: Interurban Press, 1988.
Klein, Maury. The Great Richmond Terminal; A Study in Businessmen and Business Strategy. Charlottesville: University Press of Virginia, 1970.
Klein, Maury. History of the Louisville & Nashville Railroad. New York: Macmillan, 1972.
Klein, Maury. Unfinished Business; The Railroad in American Life. Hanover, NH: The University Press of New England, 1994.
• Kornweibel, Theodore, Jr. Railroads in the African-American Experience; A Photographic Journey. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press, 2010.
Kramer, Frederick A. Southern Railway Panorama; From the First Diesel to the Last Steam Locomotive. New York: Quadrant Press, 1978.
• Lamberson, Peggy. Main Street Covington; From Its Creation to Modern Times. Covington, GA: The Fowler Family Foundation, 1995.
• Langley, Albert M., Jr. Georgia & Florida Railroad Album. North Augusta, S.C.: Union Station Publishing, 2004.
• Langley, Albert M., Jr. Georgia Short Line Railroad Album. North Augusta, S.C.: Union Station Publishing, 2005.
• Langley, Albert M., Jr. Southern Railway System. North Augusta, S.C.: Union Station Publishing, 2010.
• Langley, Albert M., Jr. and Mary L. Langley. Trolleys in the Valley. Privately published, 1972.
• Langley, Albert M., Jr., W. Forrest Beckum, Jr., and C. Ronnie Tidwell. Seaboard Air Line Railway Album. North Augusta, S.C.: Union Station Publishing, 1988.
Lewis, Edward A. American Shortline Railway Guide. 3rd, 4th, and 5th editions. Waukesha, WI: Kalmbach Books, 1986, 1991, and 1996.
• Lichtenstein, Alex. Twice the Work of Free Labor; the Political Economy of Convict Labor in the New South. New York: Verso, 1996.
Lines South. Atlantic Coast Line and Seaboard Air Line Railroads Historical Society, Inc. Various issues.
• Linley, John. The Georgia Catalog: Historic American Buildings Survey; A Guide to the Architecture of the State. Athens: University of Georgia Press, 1982.
• Loy, Sallie, Dick Hillman, and C. Pat Cates. The Southern Railway. (Images of America series). Charleston, SC: Arcadia Publishing, 2004.
• Loy, Sallie, Dick Hillman, and C. Pat Cates. The Southern Railway: Further Recollections. (Images of Rail series). Charleston, SC: Arcadia Publishing, 2005.
• Maiken, Peter T. Night Trains; The Pullman System in the Golden Years of American Rail Travel. Baltimore: John Hopkins University Press, 1989.
• Mancini, Matthew J. One Dies, Get Another; Convict Leasing in the American South, 1866-1928. Columbia: University of South Carolina Press, 1996.
• Marrs, Aaron W. Railroads in the Old South: Pursuing Progress in a Slave Society. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press, 2009.
• Martin, Jean. Mule to MARTA. Vols 1 & 2. Atlanta Historical Society, 1975-76.
• McCallie, S. W. A Preliminary Report on the Coal Deposits of Georgia. Bulletin No. 12, Atlanta: Geological Survey of Georgia, 1904. (Online at Google Books).
McCook, C.B. Remembering Lizella. Privately published, 1973.
McQuigg, Jackson, Tammy Galloway, and Scott McIntosh (for the Atlanta History Center). Central of Georgia Railway (Images of America series). Charleston, SC: Arcadia Publishing, 1998.
Meeks, Carroll L.V. The Railroad Station; An Architectural History. Secaucus, NJ: Castle Books, 1978.
• Middleton, William D. The Interurban Era. Milwaukee: Kalmbach Publishing, 1961.
• Middleton, William D. The Time of the Trolley. Milwaukee: Kalmbach Publishing, 1967.
• Morrison, Carlton A. Running the River; Poleboats, Steamboats & Timber Rafts on the Altamaha, Ocmulgee, Oconee & Ohoopee. St. Simons Island, GA: Saltmarsh Press, 2003.
Mundy, Floyd W. Mundy's Earning Power of Railroads. Twenty-ninth issue. New York and Chicago: Jas. H. Oliphant & Co., 1934.
• Murray, Tom. Southern Railway. (MBI Railroad Color History). Osceola, WI: Voyageur Press, 2007.
• Nelson, Megan Kate. Trembling Earth: A Cultural History of the Okefenokee Swamp. Athens: University of Georgia Press, 2009.
• Nelson, Scott Reynolds. Iron Confederacies: Southern Railways, Klan Violence, and Reconstruction. Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press, 1999.
• Nuckles, Douglas B., Seaboard Coast Line Railroad. Lynchburg, VA: TLC Publishing, 1995.
• Nuckles, Douglas B., and Curt Tillotson, Jr. Southern Railway System, A Pictorial Album; Washington to Atlanta, 1960-1982. La Mirada, CA: Four Ways West Publications, 1996.
Official Code of Georgia Annotated; Local and Special Laws; Railroad Companies.
Official Guide of the Railways. New York: National Railway Publication Company. Various issues.
Paterson, David E. Frontier Link With the World; The Upson County Railroad. Macon: Mercer University Press, 1998.
Phillips, Ulrich Bonnell. A History of Transportation in the Eastern Cotton Belt to 1860. Originally published 1908. Reprinted 1968 by Octagon Books, New York.
• Pidcock, Frank R., III. Rails, Quail & Ashburn Hill. Privately published, 1988.
• Plisco, Betty L. The Rocky Road to Nowhere; A History of the Blue Ridge Railroad in South Carolina. Salem, SC: Blue Granite Books, 2002.
Plumer, Richard P. Town of Suwanee, Georgia, Early History. Lawrenceville, GA: Gwinnett Historical Society, 2000.
• Poole, Cary Franklin. A History of Railroading in Western North Carolina. Johnson City, TN: Overmountain Press, 1995.
Poor, Henry V. Manual of the Railroads of the United States. Various issues.
• Pope, Mark Cooper, III with J. Donald McKee. Mark Anthony Cooper, The Iron Man of Georgia; A Biography. Atlanta: Graphic Publishing Company, 2000.
• Porter, H. K., & Co. Light Locomotives. Pittsburgh, PA, Sixth edition, 1889. Online at Google Books.
Prince, Richard E. Atlantic Coast Line Railroad; Steam Locomotives, Ships, and History. Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 2000. Reprint. (Originally published by Richard E. Prince in Green River, Wyoming, 1966.)
Prince, Richard E. Central of Georgia and Connecting Lines. Published by Richard E. Prince in Millard, Nebraska, 1976.
Prince, Richard E. Louisville & Nashville Steam Locomotives. Published by Richard E. Prince in Green River, Wyoming, 1959.
Prince, Richard E. Nashville, Chattanooga and St. Louis Railway; History and Steam Locomotives. Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 2001. Reprint. (Originally published by Richard E. Prince in Green River, Wyoming, 1967.)
• Prince, Richard E. Seaboard Air Line Railway; Steam Boats, Locomotives and History. Published by Richard E. Prince in Green River, Wyoming, 1966.
• Prince, Richard E. Steam Locomotives and Boats; Southern Railway System. Published by Richard E. Prince in Green River, Wyoming, 1965.
• Prince, Richard E. Steam Locomotives and History: Georgia Railroad and West Point Route. Published by Richard E. Prince in Green River, Wyoming, 1962.
• Railfan & Railroad magazine. Newton, NJ: Carstens Publications. Various issues.
• Railroad Commission of Georgia, various annual reports.
• Railway Age and Railway Age Gazette, various issues.
• Railway News, various issues.
• Railway Review, various issues.
• Railway World, various issues.
Rainer, Vessie Thrasher. Henry County, Georgia; The Mother of Counties. Privately published, 1971.
• Reagan, Alice E. H. I. Kimball, Entrepreneur. Atlanta: Cherokee Publishing Co., 1983.
• Reed, Mary Beth; Patrick Sullivan; W. Matthew Tankersley; Sara Gale; and Mary Hammock. Historic Streetcar Systems in Georgia; Context and Inventory. Stone Mountain, GA: New South Associates, for Georgia Department of Transportation, 2012. Online at GDOT website here. (Note: large file, approx. 33 MB).
• Reynolds, Kelly. Henry Plant; Pioneer Empire Builder. Cocoa, FL: Florida Historical Society Press, 2003.
Roberts, Derrell C. "Joseph E. Brown and the Western & Atlantic Railroad," Atlanta Historical Journal, Vol. 29, No. 1, Spring, 1985.
• Runte, Alfred. Allies of the Earth: Railroads and the Soul of Preservation. Kirksville, MO: Truman State University Press, 2006.
• Saunders, Richard, Jr. Merging Lines; American Railroads 1900-1970. DeKalb, Illinois: Northern Illinois University Press, 2001.
Schult, Dain L. Nashville, Chattanooga & St. Louis; A History of the Dixie Line. Lynchburg, VA: TLC Publishing, 2002.
• Schwieterman, Joseph P. When the Railroad Leaves Town; American Communities in the Age of Rail Line Abandonment. Kirksville, MO: Truman State University Press, 2001.
• Shingleton, Royce. Richard Peters: Champion of the New South, Macon: Mercer University Press, 1985
• Smith, Jamey. Central of Georgia
Sorrier, E. Map of Railroads in Bulloch County 1885-1920.
• Steinberg, David H., on behalf of the Chattanooga Choo Choo. Chattanooga's Transportation Heritage. Charleston, SC: Arcadia, 2013.
• Steinberg, David H. And To Think It Only Cost a Nickel! The Development of Public Transportation in the Chattanooga Area. Privately published, 1975.
• Stone, H. David, Jr. Vital Rails; The Charleston & Savannah Railroad and the Civil War in Coastal South Carolina. Columbia: University of South Carolina Press, 2008.
Stover, John F. "Georgia Railroads During the Reconstruction Years," Railroad History No. 134, Spring, 1976.
Stover, John F. The Railroads of the South 1865-1900; A Study in Finance and Control. Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press, 1955.
Stover, John F. The Routledge Historical Atlas of the American Railroads. New York: Routledge, 1999.
• Street Railway Journal. Various issues.
• Sullivan, Buddy, Early Days on the Georgia Tidewater: The Story of McIntosh County and Sapelo, Darien, GA: McIntosh County Board of Commissioners, 1990.
Sulzer, Elmer G. Ghost Railroads of Tennessee. Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 1975.
Summers, Mark W. Railroads, Reconstruction, and the Gospel of Prosperity; Aid under the Radical Republicans 1865-1877. Princeton: Princeton University Press, 1984.
• Taylor, George Rogers, and Irene D. Neu. The American Railroad Network, 1861-1890. University of Illinois Press, 1956.
The Right Way; Central of Georgia Magazine. "Historical Issue." December 20, 1958.
The Right Way. Website of the Central of Georgia Railway Historical Society at www.cofg.org.
• Thomas, Henry W. Digest of the Railroad Laws of Georgia. Atlanta: Geo. W. Harrison, State Printer, 1895.
• Thomas, William G., III. The Iron Way: Railroads, the Civil War, and the Making of Modern America. New Haven: Yale University Press, 2011.
• Thomas, William G., III, and others. Railroads and the Making of Modern America; A Digital History Project. http://railroads.unl.edu/
Trains magazine. Waukesha, WI: Kalmbach Publishing Co. Various issues.
• Trowell, C. T. The Suwanee Canal Company in the Okefenokee Swamp. Occasional Paper from South Georgia No.5. Douglas, GA: South Georgia College, 1984.
Trowell, C. T. and Lorraine Fussell. Exploring the Okefenokee; Railroads of the Okefenokee Realm. Douglas, GA: South Georgia College, 1998.
• Trudeau, Noah Andre. Southern Storm; Sherman's March to the Sea. New York: HarperCollins, 2008.
• Turner, Gregg M. A Journey into Florida Railroad History. Gainesville: University Press of Florida, 2008.
• Turner, Gregg M. and Seth H. Bramson. The Plant System of Railroads, Steamships and Hotels; The South's First Great Industrial Enterprise. Laurys Station, PA: Garrigues House, Publishers, 2004.
• Tye, Larry. Rising from the Rails; Pullman Porters and the Making of the Black Middle Class. New York: Henry Holt & Co., 2004.
• United States Engineer Office, Savannah. Survey of Altamaha, Oconee, and Ocmulgee Rivers, Ga. 1911. In United States Congressional Serial Set, 1912. (Online at Google Books).
• van Veelen, Douglas. The Gainesville Midland and her Sister Short Lines. Bloomington, IN: AuthorHouse, 2006.
• Vance, James E., Jr. The North American Railroad; Its Origin, Evolution, and Geography. Baltimore: The Johns Hopkins University Press, 1995.
Virginia Tech University Libraries, Special Collections Department. Manuscript Sources for Railroad History Research.
• Walker, Alan A. Railroads of Chattanooga. (Images of America series). Charleston, SC: Arcadia Publishing, 2003.
Walker, Mike. SPV's Comprehensive Railroad Atlas of North America; Southeast. SPV, Dawes Road, Dunkirk, Faversham, Kent, U.K., 1999. Revised 2006.
Ward, James A. "J. Edgar Thomson and the Georgia Railroad, 1834-1847," Railroad History No. 134, Spring, 1976.
Ward, Ralph. Southern Railway Depots: Volume 2; A Color Pictorial. Published by the author, 1994.
Webb, William. The Southern Railway System; An Illustrated History. Erin, Ontario: Boston Mills Press, 1986.
• Wetherington, Mark V. The New South Comes to Wiregrass Georgia 1860-1910. Knoxville: University of Tennessee Press, 1994.
• Wetherington, Mark V. Plain Folk's Fight, The Civil War and Reconstruction in Piney Woods Georgia. Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press, 2005.
• Wikipedia. Various articles.
• Wiley, Aubrey, and Conley Wallace. The Southern Railway Handbook. Goode, VA: W-W Publications, 1983.
Wilson, John. Scenic Historic Lookout Mountain. Fourth Edition. Privately published, 1977.
Winn, Les R. Ghost Trains & Depots of Georgia (1833-1933). Chamblee, GA: Big Shanty Publishing Company, 1995.
• Wolmar, Christian. The Great Railroad Revolution; The History of Trains in America. New York: PublicAffairs, 2012.
• Wood, Kevin. Loganville, GA. Personal communication.
Wright, Wade H. History of the Georgia Power Company 1855-1956. Atlanta: Georgia Power Co., 1957.
Writers' Program, Work Projects Administration. Georgia; A Guide to its Towns and Countryside. Athens: University of Georgia Press, 1940.
RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey