The OP&V, originally called the Fitzgerald, Pinebloom & Valdosta, was a logging road and occasional common carrier owned by the Gray Lumber Company. The 52-mile Lax-Pinebloom-Nashville line was completed in 1901-03.
In 1906, the OP&V sold the section south of Pinebloom to the Douglas, Augusta, & Gulf Railway (which was controlled by the Georgia & Florida). It continued to operate the tracks north of Pinebloom. (Pinebloom
was a flag station on the Atlantic Coast Line Railroad a mile east of Willacoochee with a 1896 population of about 200.
The Gray Brothers saw mill was its largest enterprise.)
The line was renamed the Ocilla, Pinebloom & Valdosta Railroad in 1910, and in 1915 the Henderson Lumber Company gained control.
The 1918 Report of the Georgia Railroad Commission listed the
OP&V as a 27-mile line between Gladys, a point on the Ocilla Southern Railroad, and Shaws Still, which was about nine miles southeast of Willacoochee.
Two years later the Commission indicated that the OP&V had been
dismantled and listed its successor road, the Willacoochee & DuPont, as a 9.5-mile line between Willacoochee and Shaws Still.