Folkston and Manchester lead the way, and now more Georgia cities are adding railfan platforms to boost local tourism offerings.
• Folkston. Up to sixty trains a day come through the "Folkston Funnel" in this southeast Georgia town.
• Manchester. Located on an important CSX rail junction, Manchester has a platform for viewing the rail action.
• Millen. Norfolk Southern trains roll through this east central Georgia town at the junction of lines to Macon, Savannah, and Augusta.
• Jesup. A comfortable place to see trains running along the eastern seaboard, including Amtrak's Silver Service and Auto Train.
• Ringgold. A viewing platform across the tracks from Ringgold's historic depot provides a good place to see CSX trains roll by on one of Georgia's earliest rail lines.
• Dalton. Dalton's visitor center provides an opportunity to see trains of both CSX and Norfolk Southern.
• Locust Grove. A spacious downtown train-viewing platform opened here in 2013. Around fifty Norfolk Southern trains pass through the Henry County town daily.
• Bremen, Dalton, and Toccoa have recently added platforms and others are on the way.