In 1915, when the Henderson Lumber Company acquired the Ocilla, Pinebloom, & Valdosta Railway, it ran from Gladys to Shaws Still. In 1918, the Willacoochee
& DuPont Railroad purchased the line and reportedly abandoned
the tracks between Gladys and Willacoochee the following year
(or used them only for logging or hauling naval stores and turpentine). It continued to operate the eastern and southern
section of track from Willacoochee to Shaws Still, but apparently was not
able to extend the line past Shaws Still to DuPont, a town on the Atlantic Coast Line in Clinch County. In 1922, this
track too was abandoned.