Valdosta, Moultrie & Western Railroad

Railroad Street in Berlin, Georgia

Berlin, Georgia.

The VM&W Railroad built its 42-mile line between Valdosta and Moultrie in 1910. After a change of ownership around 1917, it became the Valdosta, Moultrie and Western Railway. The line was abandoned in 1921 and, according to Poor’s 1923 Manual, sold for junk.

Maps, Timetables, and Other Information:

1910 map (26K)

1911 map (32K)

1917 equipment list (144K)

1918 timetable (50K)

1920 map (92K)

1920 Poors Manual report (142K)

 


RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey

Railroad History | The Depot List | Locomotives On Display | Odds & Ends | Sources & References | Home