The Valdosta Southern Railway, chartered in 1896, opened its 28-mile line from Valdosta to Madison, Florida, in 1901. Railroad executive John Skelton Williams acquired the line in 1907 and merged it into his new Georgia & Florida Railway.
After nearly five decades as part of the G&F, the Valdosta-Madison line was sold to become the Valdosta Southern Railroad.
Maps and Timetables:
1895 map (29K)
1903 map (179K)
1904 map (18K)
1904 timetable (43K)
1906 timetable, G&F system (437K)
1906 map (130K)