Tifton & Moultrie Railroad

The Sparks, Moultrie & Gulf Railway built a rail line between Tifton and Moultrie in 1897. It was purchased in 1901 and renamed the Tifton & Moultrie Railroad.

Between those two places the line ran parallel to the Tifton, Thomasville & Gulf Railroad, which constructed a railroad from Tifton to Thomasville in 1900. The TT&G was intended to be a common carrier, while the T&M was primarily a logging road.

In 1903, the T&M notified the Railroad Commission of Georgia that it had discontinued common carrier service.

Maps, Timetables, and Other Information:

1900 timetable (55K)

1902 distance table (48K)

1901 map (146K)

1904 map (60K)

 

Advertisement for Union-Pinopolis Saw Mills

From: Lumber Trade Journal, January 1, 1908.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey

Railroad History | The Depot List | Locomotives On Display | Odds & Ends | Sources & References | Home