Sparks, Moultrie & Gulf Railway
The SM&G built a line between Moultrie and Sparks in 1897. Between those two places it also built a branch line running north to Obe. (See 1898 map).
In 1901 the SM&G was purchased by the Tifton & Moultrie Railroad. In June 1903, both the Sparks, Moultrie & Gulf and the Tifton & Moultrie were discontinued as common carrier railroads.
Maps and Timetables:
1898 map (27K)
1900 map (114K)
1900 timetable (55K)
1904 map (32K)
RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey