Savannah State Docks Railroad

Opened in 1952, the Savannah State Docks Railroad was a switching road owned by the Georgia Ports Authority. It operated some 10 to 24 miles of track connecting mainline railroads and dock facilities in Savannah. On June 9, 1998, the line was turned over to the Savannah Port Terminal Railroad, a private corporation.

 


RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey

Railroad History | The Depot List | Locomotives On Display | Odds & Ends | Sources & References | Home