The 142-mile Savannah and Atlanta ran from S&A Junction (between Camak and Warrrenton) to Savannah. It was incorporated by the Imbrie Company on December 8, 1915 to build a rail connection between the Georgia Railroad and the Savannah and Northwestern Railway.
Poors’ 1923 Manual took note of the importance of this link: “Its completion makes a direct and by 28 miles the shortest route between Atlanta and Savannah. Over this line the Georgia RR obtains its only entrance to Savannah. Road was completed in August, 1916, and was originally operated by the Savannah and Northwestern Ry. under a traffic agreement. In July, 1917, however, the Savannah and Atlanta Ry... absorbed the Savannah and Northwestern Ry.”