Salt Springs & Bowden Lithia Railroad

In 1885, the Bowden Lithia Springs Short Line Railroad opened between Austell and Lithia Springs. It was renamed the Salt Springs and Bowden Lithia in 1890, sold in 1895 and renamed the Bowden Lithia Springs Short Line Railway, and sold again in 1907 and renamed the Salt Springs and Bowden Lithia Railroad.

It was abandoned in 1913.

 


RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey

Railroad History | The Depot List | Locomotives On Display | Odds & Ends | Sources & References | Home