The Register & Glennville began in 1895 as a logging road owned by the Perkins Lumber Company. In 1902, it was converted into a common carrier and renamed the Register and Glennville Railroad. After entering receivership in 1914, the line was sold and renamed the East Georgia Railway. It was abandoned in 1919.
Maps, Timetables, and Other Information:
1904 map (76K)
1907 map (235K)
1909 timetable (47K)
1910 mileage table (26K)
1910 map (36K)
1915 map (30K)
1916 map (71K)
A 1906 photograph of a R&G train at the Glennville depot is online at the Vanishing Georgia website.
A 1911 description of the R&G's route (262K)