Steam locomotives on display logo

 

 

Moultrie's Steam Locomotive

Glover locomotive in downtown Marietta

Georgia Northern Railway No. 105, a 2-8-2 built by Baldwin in 1929, is on outdoor display at 400 First Avenue, SE (three blocks east of the courthouse square). Georgia Northern donated the locomotive to the community in 1963, the seventieth anniversary of the arrival of the first train in the city.

Moultrie, the county seat of Colquitt County, is on U.S. 319 in southwest Georgia, about halfway between Tifton and Thomasville.

 


RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey

Railroad History | The Depot List | Locomotives On Display | Odds & Ends | Sources & References | Home