Locomotive No. 9 at Camilla is a Baldwin 2-8-2 built in 1925. After service with lumber railroads in Florida, it operated for a time on the Albany and Northern between Albany and Cordele, one of the lines owned by the Pidcock family of Moultrie whose core property was the Georgia Northern Railway. On July 1, 1966 Southern Railway purchased the Georgia Northern and its associated lines, retaining the Georgia Northern name for a while.
Southern donated the locomotive to Camilla in 1971. After several years of deterioration, it was refurbished and a park was created around it in 1993.
Camilla, the county seat of Mitchell County, is on U.S. 19 about 30 miles south of Albany.