Blue Ridge Scenic Railway, Blue Ridge. Passengers take a 26-mile round trip along the scenic Toccoa River between Blue Ridge and McCaysville. The route follows an old Louisville & Nashville line. Here's a description of a trip on the train by railfan Randy Golden.
• SAM Shortline, Cordele. The popular SAM Shortline excursion railroad runs from I-75 at Cordele to Plains.
• Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum, Chattanooga. Among TVRR's special excursions are trips over the Chattooga and Chickamauga Railway (former Central of Georgia) in Walker and Chattooga counties.
• Stone Mountain Scenic Railroad, Stone Mountain. Vintage FP7 and GP7 diesels pull open-air cars on 30-minute trips around the mountain.
• Georgia Museum of Agriculture, Tifton. Travels the grounds of the 95-acre heritage village, a part of Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College. Power is provided by a 3 ft-gauge 0-4-0T engine built by Vulcan in 1917.
• St. Marys Express, St. Marys. Excursions on the St. Marys Railroad in south coastal Georgia.