Streetcars of Savannah
|Although this map shows few streetcar lines, it does generally indicate the extent of the city in 1910, forty years after horsecars were introduced. The area in blue is the city of horsecar travel. The darker shade of blue indicates the designated Victorian Historic District. The area in gray is the Granger tract being developed in 1910 by the Chatham Land and Hotel Company as the Chatham Crescent subdivision. It was soon to receive electric streetcar service.
From: A description of Savannah and its surroundings... Online at Internet Archive here. Map colors modified.
RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey