• Southeastern Railway Museum, Duluth. Extensive collection of railroad equipment on display at this museum in suburban northeast Atlanta.
• Southern Museum of Civil War and Locomotive History, Kennesaw. Houses the famed Civil War locomotive General as well as locomotives built by the Glover Machine Works of nearby Marietta.
• Georgia State Railroad Museum (Central of Georgia Shops), Savannah. Formerly named the Roundhouse Railroad Museum, this National Historic Landmark site has locomotives, passenger cars, rare freight cars, a working turntable, and more.
• Thronateeska Heritage Center, Albany. At Albany Union Station. Exhibits include Georgia Northern No. 107 steam locomotive, a variety of rail cars, and a model railroad.
• Tallulah Falls Railroad Museum, Rabun Gap. Exhibits tell the story of the Tallulah Falls Railway which once ran through Rabun Gap. Also, an operating narrow gauge train built by students of the Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School.
Southeastern Railway Museum.
See also Steam Locomotives on Display.