Ocmulgee & Horse Creek Railroad

A 7-mile logging road built in 1878, the O&HC was owned by the Georgia Land and Lumber Company of Lumber City. Poors 1881 Manual reported that the 7-mile line ran from the Ocmulgee River to a point in the pine woods. It was sold in 1885 and abandoned in 1888.

Horse Creek flows into the Ocmulgee River about halfway between Jacksonville and Lumber City.

 


RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey

Railroad History | The Depot List | Locomotives On Display | Odds & Ends | Sources & References | Home