Millen & Southwestern Railroad
The rail line from Millen to Stillmore was constructed in 1889-92 by the Rogers and Summit Railroad and its successor, the Millen and Southern Railway. When latter entered receivership in 1897 it was reorganized as the Millen and Southwestern Railroad.
In 1902 the M&SW built a short branch line from Monte to Monte Junction and two years later the line was extended south to Vidalia.
In 1906 the road was merged into the new Georgia and Florida Railway.
1908 map (32K)
RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey