Macon & Northern Railroad
Reorganized in 1891 from the Covington and Macon Railroad Company, this 105-mile line between Macon and Athens was reorganized a second time in 1894 as the Macon and Northern Railway Company and leased to the Richmond and Danville and the Central of Georgia. It was purchased by the Central on October 31, 1895.
In the 1894 edition of The Official Railway List, the Macon & Northern Railroad reported operating 6 locomotives and 95 cars. The receiver was N. E. Harris of Macon.
Maps and Timetables:
1895 timetable (197K)
1898 map (210K)
RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey