The 3.2-mile line from the Arabia Granite Company quarries to the Georgia Railroad at Lithonia was opened in 1914, replacing a railroad originally constructed in 1892-93 by the Lithonia Granite Company. This earlier line was dismantled around 1895 by Venable Brothers, which had acquired the property in that year.
In 1912-13 the tracks were relaid by the Venables, after which the line was sold to the Arabia Granite Company. The main office of the L&AM RR was at Lithonia.
Later operated by the Atlanta, Stone Mountain & Lithonia Railway, the line was abandoned in 1935.