Lexington Terminal Railroad
Incorporated in 1888, the Lexington Terminal opened its 4-mile road between Crawford and Lexington on October 1, 1889. It included a half-mile branch to a quarry of the Blue Granite Company.
At Crawford, the line connected with the branch of the Georgia Railroad from Union Point to Athens, built in the early 1840s.
The lessees of the Georgia Railroad acquired the line in 1900 but it was not until 1917 that the Georgia took over the Lexington’s operations.
The line was abandoned in 1947.
1908 map (29K)
1917 timetable (340K)
RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey