Georgia Southwestern & Gulf Railroad, 1912

This 1912 map shows the GSW&G before two large reservoirs were built along its route. Georgia Power Company built Lake Chehaw (formerly named Lake Worth) on the north side of Albany in 1919 and the Crisp County Power Commission constructed Lake Blackshear west of Cordele in 1930.
(From: USGS map of Georgia, 1912. Entire map is online at University of Alabama Map Library.) 

 


RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey

Railroad History | The Depot List | Locomotives On Display | Odds & Ends | Sources & References | Home