Georgia Granite Railroad

Chartered in 1904, this 4-mile line ran from the main line of the Georgia Railroad at Lithonia to a granite quarry at Rock Chapel, on the north side of town. Among the incorporators were William Patterson and J. W. English, Sr. of Atlanta.

See also Atlanta, Stone Mountain & Lithonia Railroad.

 


RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey

Railroad History | The Depot List | Locomotives On Display | Odds & Ends | Sources & References | Home