• Broxton-to-Garrant abandoned around 1909.
• Barrows Bluff-to-Relee (1.5 miles) abandoned in 1920.
• Millen-to-Pendleton abandoned in 1930. The 7-mile Garfield-to-Summit-Graymont section remained open.
• Tennillle-Sandersville-Keysville abandoned in 1934.
• Stevens Crossing-to-Statesboro abandoned in 1950.
• Garfield-to-Summit-Graymont (Twin City) abandoned in 1950 or earlier.
• Relee-to-Sapps Still (3 miles) abandoned in 1950.
• Sapp’s Still-to-Douglas (14 miles) abandoned in 1958. (Grade is shown on Douglas North 1971 USGS topo map.)
• Blythe-to-Midville abandoned in 1966 (except for a short section between Torbit and Gough).
• Nashville to Sparks abandoned in 1967-68.
• Douglas-to-Hazlehurst abandoned in 1983.
• Midville-to-Swainsboro abandoned in 1983.
However, Georgia DOT purchased much of the old G&F and leased the Midville-to-Swainsboro-to-Oak Park trackage to the Ogeechee Railway. Midville-to-Kirby is now (2010) operated by the Georgia Southern Railway.
• Torbit-to-Gough abandoned in 1986.
• Kirby to north side of Vidalia has long been inactive.
• Vidalia to Hester (on US 221 north of Hazlehurst) has long been inactive.
Maps, Timetables, and Other Information:
1906 timetable (437K)
1910 map, Augusta - Vidalia (144K)
1910 map, Hazlehurst - Nashville (88K)
1910 map, Nashville - Madison, FL (40K)
1916 map, Madison, FL - Hazlehurst (348K)
1916 map, Hazlehurst - Keysville (288K)
1917 equipment list (302K)
1918 map, entire system (147K)
1918 timetable (232K)
1918 officers (82K)
1936 map, entire system (62K)
1947-53 map, Statesboro branch (627K)
1953 map, Broxton branch (237K)
1953-54 map, Valdosta - Nashville (301K)
1953 map, Nashville - Moultrie branch (339K)
1953 map, Nashville - Willacoochee (258K)
1953 map, Willacoochee - Douglas (182K)
1953 map, Douglas - Hazlehurst (297K)
1953 map, Hazlehurst - Vidalia (370K)
1953 map, Vidalia - Swainsboro (408K)
1953 map, Swainsboro - Midville (152K)
1953 map, Midville - Keysville (462K)
1953 map, Keysville - Augusta (240K)
1966 map, entire system (101K)
H. Roger Grant, Rails through the Wiregrass; A History of the Georgia & Florida Railroad. DeKalb, IL: Northern Illinois University Press, 2006.
Albert M. Langley, Jr., Georgia & Florida Railroad Album. North Augusta, SC: Union Station Publishing, 2004.
Vintage photos and specs of G&F locomotives at hawkinsrails.net.