Georgia Eastern Railway
Built sometime before 1904, the Georgia Eastern was a logging railroad owned by E. Swindell & Company. Running 18 miles from Swindell Landing to Mount Royal (northeast of Bainbridge), it was used primarily for hauling logs to the Swindell sawmill. Company offices were in Bainbridge.
The line was bought by Bainbridge Northeastern Railway in 1908 and abandoned in 1910.
From: Official Guide of the Railways, 1904.
From: Official Guide of the Railways, 1906.
From: New York Lumber Trade Journal, May 1, 1904.
RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey
Railroad History | The Depot List | Locomotives On Display | Odds & Ends | Sources & References | Home