Fitzgerald, Ocilla, and Broxton Railroad
By 1906 the Ocilla and Valdosta Railroad had completed rail lines between Fitzgerald, Ocilla, and Broxton, but it was failing financially. The Fitzgerald, Ocilla, and Broxton Railroad was formed in 1907 to take over the O&V's lines connecting its three namesake cities.
The FO&B was not able to last much longer than its predecessor however. In 1911, the tracks between Fitzgerald and Ocilla were leased to the Ocilla Southern Railroad. The Ocilla-Irwinville line was abandoned in 1915 and the tracks between Ocilla and Broxton were abandoned the following year.
1907 timetable (68K)
1910 map 1 (23K).
1910 map 2 (49K)
RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey.