The Flint River & Gulf was incorporated in 1903 with plans to build a railroad between Ashburn and Bainbridge. The first section of line from Ashburn opened the following year, and in 1906 the railroad reached Bridgeboro, 32 miles to the southwest.
In 1907 the FR&G was purchased by the Gulf Line Railway.
Maps and Timetables:
1906 map and timetable (103K)
1906 timetable (33K)
1907 map (46K)
RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey.
Railroad History | The Depot List | Locomotives On Display | Odds & Ends | Sources & References | Home