Flemington, Hinesville & Western Railroad

Hinesville train depot

Former Hinesville train depot. (Photo by George Rounds, 2015).

The FH&W built a 5-mile line from Hinesville to McIntosh in 1912. It was originally intended to extend to Glennville, but never made it that far.

The line was renamed the Savannah, Hinesville, & Western in 1916.

1916 map (32K)


RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey.

Railroad History | The Depot List | Locomotives On Display | Odds & Ends | Sources & References | Home