Dublin & Southwestern Railroad
The Dublin & Southwestern was chartered in 1904 to build a railroad from Dublin southwest to Eastman and Abbeville. The road was completed to Eastman in mid-1905; it was never extended beyond that point.
In 1907 the line was acquired by the Wrightsville and Tennille Railroad, which had a nearby line between Dublin and Hawkinsville.
The former D&SW was abandoned in 1941.
Maps and Timetables:
1906 timetable (36K)
1910 map (42K)
RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey.