Dover & Statesboro Railroad
The Dover & Statesboro was chartered in April 1889 and completed in November of the same year. It ran northeast from Statesboro across the Ogeechee to Dover, a distance of ten miles. Early records indicate that an extension to Jesup was planned.
In the 1894 edition of The Official Railway List, the Dover & Statesboro reported operating 1 locomotive and 4 cars.
The line was acquired by the Central of Georgia in January 1901.
1892 map (30K)
RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey.