Douglas & McDonald Railroad

In 1895-96 the D&M built a 20-mile rail line from Douglas to a junction with the Brunswick & Western Railroad at McDonald's Mill (now Axson). The railroad was a common carrier but primarily hauled lumber and turpentine. It was abandoned in 1904.

Maps:

1895 map (87K)

1900 map (45K)


RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey.

Railroad History | The Depot List | Locomotives On Display | Odds & Ends | Sources & References | Home