Collins & Ludowici Railroad

In November 1919, the Collins & Ludowici took over the northern section of the former Georgia Coast & Piedmont Railroad, which had been sold and broken up after entering receivership in 1915. Although the southern part of the line, from Ludowici to Darien and Brunswick, was abandoned, the northern segment retained enough traffic to continue operating. Within a short time, the section from Glennville to Ludowici was also abandoned. The remaining 23-mile line was reorganized as the Collins & Glennville Railroad on February 7, 1921.

1920 map (82K)

 


RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey.

Railroad History | The Depot List | Locomotives On Display | Odds & Ends | Sources & References | Home