In 1896 the Collins & Reidsville constructed a 7-mile railroad from Reidsville, the county seat of Tattnall County, to the Georgia & Alabama Railroad at Collins. It was the first railroad to serve Reidsville, which had been established some six decades earlier.
Reidsville gained a second railroad in 1905-06 when the Reidsville & Southeastern constructed a 36-mile line to Ludowici. Both railroads were consolidated into the Georgia Coast and Piedmont Railroad in 1906.
1895 map (20K)
1910 map (32K)