In 1916 the railroad was extended south to Bleeker, Alabama, on the Central of Georgia between Opelika and Columbus, giving the line a total length of 45 miles. In the same year the railroad reported owning 4 locomotives and 18 cars.
The 1921 issue of Poors Manual of Railroads indicated that the company had 5 locomotives, 6 passenger cars, 2 box cars, 4 flat cars, and 2 cabooses. A somewhat different report in the 1920 McGraw Transit Directory noted that the Chattahoochee Valley Railway operated storage battery cars from West Point to Standing Rock and Bleeker, summarizing the equipment as 2 motor passenger cars, 5 trailing passenger cars, and 12 freight cars.
In 1932, during the Great Depression, the Chattahoochee Valley abandoned its tracks from West Point to Standing Rock, losing one of its three connections to mainline railroads.
In 1974 the tracks between Bleeker and McGinty, near Riverview, were abandoned, cutting the link to the Central and leaving only the Atlanta & West Point as a connection.
The entire railroad ceased operations in 1992.
About 7 miles of the former railroad bed between Shawmutt and Riverview have been converted into the Chattahoochee Valley Railroad Trail.
Reporting mark: CHV