Charlotte, Columbia & Augusta Railroad
The CC&A connected Augusta, Ga., and Charlotte, NC, over a 191-mile line. It was formed by the merger of the Charlotte and South Carolina Railroad Company and the Columbia and Augusta Railroad Company in 1869.
In the 1894 edition of The Official Railway List, the CC&A reported operating 191 miles of railroad with 7 locomotives, 19 passenger cars, and 45 freight and miscellaneous cars.
1870 timetable (58K)
1870 proceedings of first annual stockholders meeting. Online at Internet Archive here.
1886 map (89K)
RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey.