In December 1882, the Brunswick & Albany Railroad was reorganized as the Brunswick & Western. Connecting Albany and Brunswick over a distance of 171 miles, the railroad was marketed as the Ty-Ty Route to Florida, Ty-Ty referring to a town along the line. Presumably the place's memorable name would help people remember the Brunswick & Western when considering travel options.
Henry B. Plant's Savannah, Florida & Western purchased control of the Brunswick & Western in 1888. Plant became president of the line, with H. S. Haines of Savannah serving as general manager.
In 1889, the railroad operated 23 locomotives, 19 passenger cars, and 333 freight and miscellaneous cars.
The Brunswick & Western was merged into the SF&W in 1901.