Zetella Depot

Zetella's former depot was constructed by the Atlanta & Florida Railroad in the late 1880s. Now a private residence, it retains the decorative gable features also found on the former depots in Yatesville and Zebulon.

The A&F, which ran from Atlanta to Fort Valley, was merged into Southern Railway in 1895. Zetella lost its railroad in 1939 when the section of the line from Atlanta to Williamson, five miles south of here, was abandoned.

The community is in southwestern Spalding County about 7 miles west of Griffin and 40 miles south of Atlanta.

1895 timetable showing Atlanta & Florida route. Southern Railway acquired the A&F a few months before this timetable was issued.

 


RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey

Railroad History | The Depot List | Locomotives On Display | Odds & Ends | Sources & References | Home