Whitesburg Depot

Whitesburg depot 2015 trackside

 

The Central of Georgia depot at Whitesburg was built in 1885 alongside the Central's Chattanooga line. The rails now belong to Norfolk Southern.

The building currently houses an antique store.

Whitesburg depot 2015 street side

spacer

Above and below, older photos of the depot.

spacer

Whitesburg is a town of 592 people in southeastern Carroll County, about 45 miles west of Atlanta.


RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey

Railroad History | The Depot List | Locomotives On Display | Odds & Ends | Sources & References | Home