In the 1980s, the abandoned East Warrenton depot of the Savannah & Atlanta Railway was moved to the Old Richmond Academy at 540 Telfair Street in Augusta, where it served as an exhibit for the Augusta Museum of History. When the museum later moved to a new building on Reynolds Street, the 1917 depot was left behind.
After several years of effort by Warrenton's leadership, the building was returned and rehabiliated in 2007-08. It now serves as a visitors center and community programs office facility.
For many decades Warrenton had two depots. The other was the red-brick Georgia Railroad depot which stood alongside the tracks on Depot Street on the north side of downtown. It, however, has long been demolished.
A photo of the S&A depot when it was in Augusta, a few years before being moved back to Warrenton.
RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey