Valdosta Depots

Valdosta had many railroad depots at various times in its history, but none are now in existence. Above is the 1907 Atlantic Coast Line passenger station which stood alongside E. Savannah Ave. between S. Patterson and S. Ashley streets. It was demolished in 1994; a parking lot now occupies the site.

Across S. Patterson St. was the ACL freight depot, which faced on S. Toombs Street. It was torn down in the 1960s, and its site too is used for parking.

The Georgia Southern & Florida passenger station was constructed in 1907, the same year as ACL's passenger building. Designed by Curran Ellis of Macon, it stood at W. Florida Ave. between S. Toombs and S. Patterson streets, about a block south of the two ACL depots. It was torn down in 1977; Olympic Park is now on the site.

Between the GS&F and ACL stations was the Georgia & Florida Railroad depot. Like the GS&F passenger station, it stood on the west side of S. Patterson Street and faced east.


RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey

Railroad History | The Depot List | Locomotives On Display | Odds & Ends | Sources & References | Home