Thomaston Depot

(2013 photo)

The block-long Central of Georgia depot at Thomaston terminated the railroad's 16-mile branch line from Forsyth. Built in 1927, it has housed various restaurants and businesses since its days of train service.

Thomaston (pop. 9,122) is the county seat of Upson County.

A covered porch was added to the freight end of the depot sometime after the railroad vacated the building. The view is from N. Center Street. (2013 photo)

The passenger end of the depot is on N. Hightower Street. (2007 photo)

A 2006-07 renovation resulted in original doors being replaced and a railing added to the freight platform. (2007 photo)

(Paul Simo photo, ca. 2003.)

 

Freight room door. (2013 photo)


RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey

Railroad History | The Depot List | Locomotives On Display | Odds & Ends | Sources & References | Home