Tallulah Falls Depot

The Tallulah Falls Railway depot at Tallulah Falls was constructed in 1913-14 to replace the town's original station, which burned the previous year. Passenger service continued here until 1946 and freight trains rolled by until 1961 when the line was abandoned. In 2001, when these photos were made, the building was a gift shop.

Above, an old postcard shows the depot and a long-gone resort hotel. U.S. 441 now passes over the hotel site.

Tallulah Falls, by Currier & Ives. (Library of Congress).

Tallulah Falls (pop. 169) stands at the Rabun/Habersham county line in the northeast corner of Georgia. In the late 1800s and early 1900s, it was a popular resort town.

 


RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey

Railroad History | The Depot List | Locomotives On Display | Odds & Ends | Sources & References | Home