Siloam Depot

Former Siloam depot

Siloam's depot, which stands south of town on Hwy 15/77 at English School Circle, has long been converted to a residence. It served the Union Point and White Plains Railroad which connected those two towns from 1889 to 1927.

Across English School Circle are three railroad "section houses" originally built to house railroad employees. (Photos: February 2003.)

RR section houses near Siloam

Former railroad section houses near Siloam continue in use as residences.

Siloam (pop. 283) is in Greene County about seven miles east of Greensboro.


RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey

Railroad History | The Depot List | Locomotives On Display | Odds & Ends | Sources & References | Home