Odum Depot

The Wayne County town of Odum lost its 1905 Southern Railway depot in 1969 when it was moved to nearby Jesup for conversion to a residence. Those plans didn't work out and the building was moved in 1984 to Jesup's wastewater treatment plant, where it continued to deteriorate. In October of 2002, thanks to Transportation Enhancement funds and the hard work of several Odum citizens, the depot was moved back to Odum and rehabilitated for a new life as a community center.

Odum (pop. 507) is in Wayne County near the Georgia coast.

The railroad through town was constructed as the Macon & Brunswick. It later became a part of the East Tennessee, Virginia & Georgia, a predecessor of Southern Railway. It is now the Macon-Brunswick line of Norfolk Southern.

For more information, see the Train Depot page at odumgeorgia.com.


RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey

Railroad History | The Depot List | Locomotives On Display | Odds & Ends | Sources & References | Home